THE FORK CHURCH
Grounded in Scripture. Guided by Tradition. Growing in Grace.
Welcome to the Historical Fork Church in Doswell, Virginia, an Episcopal Church in the Diocese of Virginia. Fork Church is situated in the midst of old trees at the fork of two rivers in western Hanover County. In 1722 when the Church was first established, this Colonial brick building did not exist. The Church was a wooden structure. It was replaced with the current brick building you see today in 1735 - 1739. Since 1735 this landmark Colonial building has sheltered a living Episcopal Church. It is both a symbol of the faith which guided its founders and a witness to the ongoing power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The structure you see on this page has continuously housed a community of faithful parishioners since 1735.
Our pews are filled by people from diverse backgrounds and interests. Our common desire is to strive to do what God is calling us to do at this time in this place. At Fork, we worship together, have fun together, work together, and learn together. Serving the needs of our children and youth is just as important to us as maintaining relationships with our senior citizens. We emphasize outreach and service to our community; and we seek to minister to one another within our fellowship at Fork Church. All of us are important and imperfect children of God.
more »News Room
- bulletin announcements 03/27/2012
- bulletin announcements 03/20/2012
- bulletin announcements 03/13/2012
- bulletin announcements 03/06//2012
- bulletin announcements 02/28//2012
- bulletin announcements 02/21//2012
- bulletin announcements 02/14//2016
- bulletin announcements 02/07//2016
- bulletin announcements 01/17/2016
- bulletin announcements 01/10/2016